History

History

2017
 

Opportunities for cooperation. The KAHL Group and Sächsische Binnenhäfen Oberelbe GmbH (SBO) are multimodally oriented logistics providers with a broad range of services. Since 1 June 2017 the two groups have been working together to pool their resources and competences and combine their service offerings. This cooperation enables the parties to provide more integrated solutions for transport, storage, transshipment and packing.

As of 2016
 

Greater presence by establishing new branches throughout Germany. Since 2016 we have been expanding our sales network and established branches in Erfurt, Magdeburg, Dresden, St. Ingbert and Memmingen. It is another step towards more local presence and ultimate quality.

2015
 

From a vision to the idea and from the idea to implementation. In spring 2015 the time had come in May after almost three years of planning and implementation we were handed over in Memmingen our side girder deck G² | K600 jointly developed with Goldhofer and Greiner. It is one of a kind with a payload of 600 tonnes.
For more information visit our website: www.kahl-schwerlast.de/fuhrpark/seitenträgerbrücke

As of 2011
 

The KAHL Group is guided by a common philosophy and values such as

Competence, Reliability, Trust and Honesty.

In the network of owner-operated companies that builds on a highly efficient and committed team we can…

SIMPLY MOVE MORE.

2011
 

Services from a single source. The KAHL & JANSEN GmbH extends the service portfolio of the KAHL Group by its know-how in the area of transformer handling, industrial gas tank logistics and installation as well as international project management.

2010
 

Initially presented at the BAUMA 2010: The first 5-axle truck based on MAN TGX 41.680 with a gross weight of 52 tonnes and a gross haulage weight of 500 tonnes. Together with the 3-axle drop deck developed for this purpose the new vehicle concept saves cost and time when it comes to hauling goods of up to 45 tonnes loading weight.

2010
 

Together with our partners we have been running the heavylift terminal (HTD) at the Duisburg port since 2010. By being connected to road, rail and water we provide heavy-duty logistics par excellence:

Storage, packing, installation and heavy goods handling at short distances under optimal conditions.

2006
 

               

With the logistics specialist Ferdinand Jansen and the foundation of KAHL + JANSEN Schwerlast GmbH the business activities were extended by new customers and special transport facilities for the automotive industry and wind turbine manufacturers.

2004
 

Building on 50 years of experience the management was taken over by the current owners and Managing Directors Andreas and Rainer Kahl and the KAHL SCHWERLAST GmbH Internationale SchwertransportLogistik founded.

1998
 

The relocation from Duisburg to Moers was the stepping stone for a considerable expansion of the business activities. Today storage, shipment, packing and handling of extremely heavy goods are integral part of our service offerings.

1990er
 

What began in the 1980ies was continued systematically in 1990ies by adding modular bogies and more combination options to the existing equipment.

1980er
 

The overridable drop/ vessel deck combination with removable, hydraulic gooseneck was commissioned as early as in the 1980ies as part of our own transport fleet. It still forms the basis of modern low loader combinations.

1981
  A milestone in the development of today’s heavy-duty trucks and example of the creativity of the KAHL company is the construction of the world’s first 4-axle semi-trailer truck.
1970er
 

In the 1970ies of the last century our fleet covered over 30 self-steering trailer trucks for long loads. At that time the focus of activities was on the transport of precast concrete parts of all kinds.

1960er
 

As early as in the 1960ies we engaged in low loader transports.  The converted GMC Motorwagen (1942 model) with a crane superstructure and low loader is ready to go at the premises in Duisburg, Frundsbergstrasse.

1953
 

The brothers Hans and Helmut (23 and 17) set up a branch of Konrad Kahl & Söhne in Duisburg (with two converted GMC vehicles from the US army). In 1956 it became the Hans u. Helmut Kahl oHG.